Recipe kindly supplied by Burnt Squash
Find them on Instagram: instagram.com/burntsquashgram/
Greek Chicken Shawarma / Gyro Thighs
- 12 x Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 x Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 x Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine all Marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the Chicken and toss to thoroughly cover all of them, then leave for 24 hours to take on the flavours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180c and skewer all the thighs, ideally on two skewers to keep the Gyro together whilst cooking.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes until charred on the outside and cooked through to the centre with juices running clear.
- Slice like a Chicken Kebab or pull apart as needed.
Cost per Portion:
If you’d like to share your recipes with us, or for more information, drop us an email to: [email protected]
Our Corporate Partners support the day to day running of Dorset Food Network and the services we offer. They are also available to provide support to our members.
Dorset Food Network proudly supports two local charities. Both charities provide much needed services in the local area and without public support and fund-raising would not be able to do what they do. We are so pleased that we are able to help raise awareness for such worthy causes.