Recipe kindly supplied by Burnt Squash
Find them on Instagram: instagram.com/burntsquashgram/
Greek Chicken Shawarma / Gyro Thighs
- 12 x Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 x Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 x Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine all Marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the Chicken and toss to thoroughly cover all of them, then leave for 24 hours to take on the flavours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180c and skewer all the thighs, ideally on two skewers to keep the Gyro together whilst cooking.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes until charred on the outside and cooked through to the centre with juices running clear.
- Slice like a Chicken Kebab or pull apart as needed.
Cost per Portion:
If you’d like to share your recipes with us, or for more information, drop us an email to: [email protected]