- 50g Butter
- 1 x Carrot (Roughly Diced)
- 1 x Onion (Roughly Diced)
- 4 x Garlic Cloves (Peeled & Smashed)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Red Miso Paste
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 700ml Water (Boiling)
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and gently sweat the Carrot & Onion until the latter is beginning to colour.
- Add the crushed Garlic cloves and cook for a further 2/3 minutes until aromatic.
- Sprinkle in the Ginger & Curry Powder then, after a minute or so, add the Honey, Ketchup, Miso Paste and Soy Sauce.
- Allow the mixture to begin to simmer into a paste then add the Stock Cube and Boiling Water.
- Stir the sauce until well mixed, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled a little, blitz in a food processor until smooth & silky, season to taste then either cool completely (for freezing or using later on) or bring back to a simmer and enjoy.
- You can substitute the flavour of the stock cube to suit your dish, try a Katsu Fish Finger Sandwich if you’re feeling especially dirty…
4 Portions (approx. 800ml)
Cost per Portion: