- 50g Butter
- 1 x Carrot (Roughly Diced)
- 1 x Onion (Roughly Diced)
- 4 x Garlic Cloves (Peeled & Smashed)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Red Miso Paste
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 700ml Water (Boiling)
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and gently sweat the Carrot & Onion until the latter is beginning to colour.
- Add the crushed Garlic cloves and cook for a further 2/3 minutes until aromatic.
- Sprinkle in the Ginger & Curry Powder then, after a minute or so, add the Honey, Ketchup, Miso Paste and Soy Sauce.
- Allow the mixture to begin to simmer into a paste then add the Stock Cube and Boiling Water.
- Stir the sauce until well mixed, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled a little, blitz in a food processor until smooth & silky, season to taste then either cool completely (for freezing or using later on) or bring back to a simmer and enjoy.
- You can substitute the flavour of the stock cube to suit your dish, try a Katsu Fish Finger Sandwich if you’re feeling especially dirty…
4 Portions (approx. 800ml)
Cost per Portion:
Our Corporate Partners support the day to day running of Dorset Food Network and the services we offer. They are also available to provide support to our members.
Dorset Food Network proudly supports two local charities. Both charities provide much needed services in the local area and without public support and fund-raising would not be able to do what they do. We are so pleased that we are able to help raise awareness for such worthy causes.